Download a course guide
Get advice on this course
The Diploma of Logistics will provide you with the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills for specialised and/or skilled work and/or further learning in the Logistics field.
RMIT’s logistics courses have been developed with considerable industry input and are strongly career-oriented. Workplace competency standards apply in the traditional areas of Logistics studies, which include :
- Understanding the policies and procedures in transport and logistics enterprises
- Developing a transport and logistics business plan
- Conducting an environmental audit
- Understanding sustainable and legislation impacts on logistics plan.
The Diploma of Logistics will teach practical skills and knowledge and offer an ‘open-ended’, flexible way to gain qualifications and recognition and pathways to higher level qualifications.
Job roles and titles vary across different sectors. The course will prepare you for a career in logistics including roles in warehousing, road transport and freight forwarding.
Minimum Academic Requirement
Successful completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent
Completion of Post Secondary studies (including Certificate III)
Successful completion of the Australian Senior VCAL Certificate
Alternate Entry - Work experience requirement
At least 6 months work experience
RMIT's equity access schemes can support you to access and succeed in education. Equity access schemes allow additional consideration in the selection process. However, an equity access application cannot bypass the minimum entry requirements. More on equity access schemes is located at https://www.rmit.edu.au/study-with-us/applying-to-rmit/local-student-applications/equity-access-schemes/types-of-equity-access/
This program is not offered to international students.
To qualify for the award for the TLI50415 Diploma of Logistics you must complete the following 15 units.
The School of Vocational Education (VBE) of RMIT University offers the following units of competency which combine to meet the qualification requirements:
- BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
- TLIP5035 Manage Budgets and Financial Plans
- TLIR5014 Manage Suppliers
- TLIL5020 Develop and Maintain Operational Procedures for Transport and Logistics Enterprise
- TLII5018 Manage Customer Service
- TLIL5055 Manage a Supply Chain
- BSBWRK510 Manage Employee Relations
- BSBMGT605 Provide Leadership Across the Organisation
- BSBRSK501 Manage Risk
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a Safe Workplace
- TLIU5006 Conduct Environmental Audits
- TLIU0001 Develop Workplace Policy and Procedures for Environmental Sustainability
- TLIP5011 Develop and Evaluate Strategies for Transport and Logistics Enterprises
- TLIP5004 Develop a Transport and Logistics Business Plan
- TLIF0002 Administer Chain of Responsibility Policies and Procedures
Online submission of assessments will be required for all units via the RMIT University learning management system. It is a requirement of the course that you have access to a computer and internet connection.
If you have undertaken formal study associated with this qualification or if you have current skills, knowledge and work skills in this area, you may be able to receive credits for this program. RMIT will assist you to gather all the relevant information and will then formally map this to the TLI50415 Diploma of Logistics qualification.
If you are successful in gaining credits at either the whole course or individual unit level, you may not need to undertake any formal training as you have already met the qualification requirements through your study and/or work and life experience.
For further information contact Tim Wallis on (03) 9925 5423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RMIT_VET_Course_Application_Form (PDF, 469 KB)
All applicants must apply through OUA for this course.
This course is restricted. Students are required to apply and be approved by RMIT before they can enrol in units through OUA.
Eligible OUA students can access the government loan scheme known as FEE-HELP. You pay back the loan through your taxes once your income reaches a minimum threshold.
Who can access it?
- Australian citizens who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to their course
- Permanent humanitarian visa holders who will be resident in Australia for the duration of their unit
- Permanent visa holders who are undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of their study
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard)
- Money order
You should make cheques and money orders payable to 'Open Universities Australia' and send them to:
Open Universities Australia
GPO Box 5387
The national accreditation body has issued a new version of the Diploma of Logistics (TLI50415) which replaces TLI50410.
From 28 February 2017, RMIT University will no longer be able to issue the Diploma of Logistics TLI50410. Students in TLI50410 must be transitioned to TLI50415.
RMIT University will manage the transition of all students to the new program. Students will receive communication from the university outlining the changes and how they may be affected and the specific units that they need to complete in order to graduate from the new qualification TLI50415. Individual transition plans will be developed. This could involve credit transfers, RPL or enrolling in courses in the new program, as applicable.
Students will be advised of full details in a timely manner.
The impact on students will be as follows:
Student's graduating from the program after 28 February 2017 will need to:
- Complete a total of 15 units (up from 14 units)
- The additional unit that students will need to complete is TLIF0002 Administer Chain of Responsibility Policies and Procedures. To accommodate students who may only need to complete this unit to finish their qualification RMIT will offer this unit twice in 2017 (SP2 & SP4).
- The unit BSBMGT515A Manage Operational Plan has been superseded and is not equivalent to the new unit BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan. Students who completed BSBMGT515A will be assisted to complete a Recognition of Prior Learning process in order to demonstrate competency for BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan BSBMGT517. Students who completed the unit BSBMGT515A as part of their studies in this program will not be charged any fees for the RPL process to the new unit.
- Students will be given credit transfer for all other units completed as part of the Diploma of Logistics TLI50410.
For further enquiries regarding this change, you may contact Tim Wallis at email@example.com or +61 3 9925 5423.
Save it for later
Make this course a favourite and add it to your OUA wishlist. You can come back to it whenever you're in My Study Centre
Ready to enrol?
Start enrolling for units
in this course now.
Got a question?
Get an answer from one of our friendly Student Advisors.