David dreams of setting up a cutting-edge stroke rehabilitation centre, with the help of his postgraduate degree in behavioural studies.
Despite his beginnings in the finance industry, David dreams of setting up a cutting-edge stroke rehabilitation centre. By the time he completes his postgraduate study, he’ll be armed and ready to start chapter two of his career.
David’s career began with a job offer from one of the big four banks, before he’d even finished his degree in banking and finance. For 10 years, he worked in the industry, until one day, he craved a change. “I’ve always been really interested in people, and how they think and their behaviour” David says. His interest drew him to enrol in Swinburne’s Bachelor of Behavioural Studies, online through OUA.
Years on, David has not only completed his Bachelor, but moved onto postgraduate study – currently completing a combined Master and PhD program through the University of Adelaide. His research-based study is focused on stroke rehabilitation, which will give him the grounding he needs to set up his dream rehab centre. The plan is to take a more holistic approach to treating stroke victims, offering medical, physiotherapy and psychology services in the one place.
For now, David is absorbing all he can in his day-to-day learning, which involves treating patients under the supervision of a fully qualified psychologist, while also conducting research for his PhD.
Things are progressing quickly for David. He looks forward to exploring new approaches to treatment, which will see his patients enjoy a better quality of life.
Turn in a new direction
You only live once, so why not pursue a career that excites you? Through OUA, you can:
- Find the right degree for you – We can guide you in your selection from hundreds of degrees and single subjects, from leading Australian unis.
- Start studying, regardless of history – We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
- Gain credit towards your degree – Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
- Graduate with a degree from a leading uni – Study through us, but graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
- Feel supported from start to finish – Our Student Advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Bachelor of Psychological Sciences – Swinburne
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) – Macquarie
Master of Forensic Mental Health – Griffith
Master of Public Health – Curtin
To express your interest in any of the courses on offer through OUA, fill out the form on this page and a friendly student advisor will get in contact. Otherwise, start browsing hundreds of courses from leading Australian universities right now.