ICAGAM413A - Design and Create 3-D Digital Models
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to design and create 3-D models.
You must either have successfully completed the following unit(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following unit(s); or enrol in the following unit(s) to study at the same time or prior to this unit:
- TAFE2248 — CUFANM402A - Create Digital Visual Effects
- TAFE2250 — ICADMT403A - Produce and Edit Digital Images
If you have completed equivalent study at another university, please contact a Student Advisor for advice.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- clarify work requirements
- design 3-D digital models
- create 3-D digital models.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Clarify requirements and purpose for design and creation of 3-D digital models, with reference to production documentation|
|2||Clarify requirements and purpose for design and creation of 3-D digital models, with reference to production documentation|
|3||Select software that best suits the type of production and delivery platform for which 3-D digital models are being designed and created|
|4||Gather and analyse reference materials to help with design and visualisation of 3-D models|
|5||Design and sketch concept drafts of 3-D model|
|6||Create concept art of 3-D model|
|7||Create prototypes of 3-D model|
|8||Use software features to block out models to determine correct proportions related to reference materials|
|9||Manipulate software features to apply basic lighting and shaders as required|
|10||Ensure that models' topology allows appropriate deformation, as required|
|11||Progressively refine and check integrity of models until they meet design requirements|
|12||Submit models to relevant personnel for comment on whether production requirements have been met and make final adjustments as required|
|13||Render and output models in required format and submit to relevant personnel by agreed deadlines|
|14||Make backup copies of files and complete workplace documentation according to enterprise procedures|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Chat rooms
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.