TAELLN401A - Address Adult Language Literary and Numeracy Skills
Not sure where to start?
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012): For forward planning* (2013): What is Forward Planning?
Government loans available:None
- Domestic student fee:
- $340.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $565.00 (AUD)
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to recognise the core language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) demands of training and assessment, and to tailor training and assessment to suit individual skill levels, including accessing relevant support resources.
- Broadband access
- Other special requirement — Access to a workplace or simulated workplace environment
- Assessment — Competency-based assessment (70%)
- Assignment — Online resource and activities (30%)
At the completion of this unit student will be able to:
- determine the core LLN requirements of training and assessment
- access specialist learning support
- customise program to develop core LLN skills.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Determine core LLN skill requirements of the training specification|
|2||Determine core LLN requirements of the training context|
|3||Use validated tools and other sources of information to determine existing core LLN skills of learners|
|4||Determine the need for specialist core LLN assistance for the learner, based on evidence collected|
|5||Apply appropriate strategies for collaboration with specialist language, literacy and numeracy practitioners|
|6||Select and customise or develop learning and assessment materials that are appropriate to core LLN skills of training specification and learners|
|7||Apply learning support strategies to assist learners to develop required core LLN skills|
|8||Continuously monitor and evaluate approaches to determine areas for improvement|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.