TAEDEL403A - Coordinate and Facilitate Distance-based Learning
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012): For forward planning* (2013): What is Forward Planning?
Government loans available:None
- Domestic student fee:
- $300.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $525.00 (AUD)
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to coordinate and facilitate a distance-based learning process. This included preparing for distance-based learning; managing distance-based learners, monitoring learner progress and reviewing distance-based learning process.
- Additional materials
- Broadband access
- Other special requirement — Access to a workplace or simulated workplace environment
- Assessment — Competency-based assessment (70%)
- Assignment — Online resource and activities (30%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- prepare for distance-based learning
- manage distance-based learners
- monitor learner progress
- review distance-based learning process.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Access, read and interpret learning strategy and learning program to determine learning objectives and outcomes to be met|
|2||Develop knowledge of group, individual learner styles and learner characteristics to support effective planning for distance-based learning|
|3||Select and evaluate learning resources for appropriateness, and contextualise them for distance-based learning where required|
|4||Develop distance delivery-management plan, using knowledge of learning principles and research to date|
|5||Identify and organise support mechanisms and means of communicating with learners|
|6||Confirm expectations and requirements through direct contact and clarify any issues or questions|
|7||Establish distance-based learning relationships between trainer/facilitator and learners|
|8||Progressively distribute learning resources and learning materials according to plan and learner needs|
|9||Monitor and document learner progress to ensure outcomes are being achieved and individual learner needs are being met|
|10||Develop and implement strategies to address learner difficulties and techniques for maintaining motivation and commitment|
|11||Provide support and guidance outside the formal communication process, where appropriate|
|12||Maintain, store and secure learner records according to organisational and legal requirements|
|13||Gather feedback to review own management of the distance-based process|
|14||Analyse feedback to determine success of the distance-based learning in meeting learner needs and expectations|
|15||Reflect on own performance as a coordinator/facilitator and document improvement plans|
|16||Identify and document options for improving the distance-based learning process, and discuss with relevant personnel for future action|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.