CHCFC514A - Support Emotional and Psychological Development in Middle Childhood 2013
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the knowledge and skills required to support the emotional and psychological development of children and to promote their ethical understanding.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- encourage children's independence and autonomy
- foster children's self esteem and developing self concept
- create opportunities and provide experiences that encourage children to express their feelings, needs and ideas.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Plan and provide opportunities to develop self help skills and independence|
|2||Provide opportunities for children to make choices, in appropriate ways|
|3||Encourage children to accept responsibility for their own actions|
|4||Empower children to make their own decisions and to participate in broader decision-making|
|5||Involve child in increasingly more significant decision-making|
|6||Plan opportunities for children to experience individual strengths and success|
|7||Select experiences that present a challenge within children's emerging skills and capabilities|
|8||Monitor child's confidence while attempting more challenging activities|
|9||Provide acknowledgement and support if the child experiences frustration and encourage children to see 'mistakes' as opportunities to learn|
|10||Acknowledge and appreciate children's individual and group achievements|
|11||Design experiences to explore issues of self image and identity in ways that are appropriate to the children's level of development|
|12||Choose learning and play resources to provide positive, non stereotypical images of children|
|13||Provide opportunities for children to build on and extend achievements|
|14||Provide children with opportunities to initiate and assume leadership roles|
|15||Identify and monitor children's emotional development and expression of feelings|
|16||Listen to and respond to children's expression of feelings and ideas|
|17||Ensure expectations about how children express their feelings are related to child's stage of development|
|18||Encourage and demonstrate socially appropriate ways for children to express their feelings and needs|
|19||Provide opportunities for children to release feelings and express emotion through suitable experiences|
|20||Encourage children to appreciate one another's achievements|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Standard Media
- Online Assessment
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.