BSBITU306A - Design and produce business documents 2013
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowedge required to design and produce various business documents and publications. It includes selecting and using a range of functions on a variety of computer applications.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- select and prepare resources
- select and use appropriate technology and software applications to produce required business documents
- select layout and style of publication according to information and organisational requirements
- ensure document design is consistent with company and/or client requirements, using basic design principles
- discuss and clarify format and style with person requesting document/publication
- design document
- identify, open and generate files and records according to task and organisational requirements
- design document to ensure efficient entry of information and to maximise the presentation and appearance of information
- use a range of functions to ensure consistency of design and layout
- operate input devices within designated requirements
- produce document
- complete document production within designated time lines according to organisational requirements
- check document produced to ensure it meets task requirements for style and layout
- store document appropriately and save document to avoid loss of data
- use manuals, training booklets and/or help-desks to overcome basic difficulties with document design and production
- finalise document
- proofread document for readability, accuracy and consistency in language, style and layout prior to final output
- make any modifications to document to meet requirements
- name and store document in accordance with organisational requirements and exit the application without data/loss damage
- print and present document according to requirements.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Select and prepare resources|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
Print based materials
- Welcome Letter
- Resources and Links
This unit is an approved elective in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.