BSBOHS201A - Participate in OHS processes 2013
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowedge required to participate in workplace occupational health and safety (OHS) processes to protect workers own health and safety, and that of others.
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- work safely
- follow established safety procedures when conducting work
- carry out pre-start systems and equipment checks in accordance with workplace procedures
- implement workplace safety requirements
- identify designated persons for reporting queries and concerns about safety in the workplace
- identify existing and potential hazards in the workplace, report them to designated persons and record them in accordance with workplace procedures
- identify and implement workplace procedures and work instructions for controlling risks
- report emergency incidents and injuries to designated persons
- participate in OHS consultative processes
- contribute to workplace meetings, inspections or other consultative activities
- raise OHS issues with designated persons in accordance with organisational procedures
- take actions to eliminate workplace hazards or to reduce risks
- follow safety procedures
- identify and report emergency incidents
- follow organisational procedures for responding to emergency incidents.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|2||Implement workplace safety requirements|
|3||Participate in OHS consultative processes|
|4||Follow safety procedures|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
Print based materials
- Welcome Letter
- Audio/Video - Streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.