VU20304 - Develop a Business Plan for Sustainable Business Practice 2013
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Government loans available:
VET FEE-HELP VET FEE-HELP
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to determine the advantages for businesses and organisations to align with sustainability practices and to develop business plans for sustainable business practice with a long term view to the economic, environmental and social impacts and outcomes of the organisation. This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to engage stakeholder support for the plan.
- Audio/Visual equipment — Headphones & if possible webcams
- Broadband access
- Other special requirement — Mozilla Firefox Web Browzer, Version 2000/XP/Vista or above
- Case Study — Research and written report (50%)
- Report — Research and written report (50%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Assess business performance against sustainability indicators.
- Prepare business case for sustainable business practice.
- Develop business plan for sustainable business practice.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Sustainability indicators relevant to industry sector are determined|
|2||Current and past business practice is analysed and contrasted against sustainability indicators|
|3||Industry-sector best practice for economic, social and environmental sustainability is identified and debated|
|4||Barriers and opportunities for improved sustainability are determined, prioritised and option/s selected in consultation with relevant people|
|5||Benefits of implementing improvement opportunities are delineated|
|6||Costs associated with implementing the opportunities are identified|
|7||Risks and contingencies are delineated|
|8||Business case to incorporate opportunities for improved sustainability is prepared, documented and presented in line with organisational requirements|
|9||Key elements of business plan are identified and documented in consultation with relevant people and in line with organisational requirements|
|10||Stakeholder engagement strategies are delineated and incorporated into plan|
|11||Sustainability reporting criteria are identified and built into the monitoring and reporting procedures of the plan|
|12||Plan is prepared, documented and presented in line with organisational requirements|
Each unit offered through OUA provides students with unit information that includes assessment topics and due dates, policy information and contact numbers for university support and academic staff. Study materials will also clearly outline each week's topic, readings, student activities and the format of all assessment.
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.