BSBWOR402A - Promote Team Effectiveness
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012): For forward planning* (2013): What is Forward Planning?
Government loans available:None
- Domestic student fee:
- $500.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $725.00 (AUD)
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to promote teamwork. It involves developing team plans to meet expected outcomes, leading the work team, and proactively working with the management of the organisation.
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following unit(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
- BSBWOR402A — Promote Team Effectiveness
- Additional materials — Textbook
- Broadband access
- Other special requirement — Java and Adobe Reader
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- plan to achieve team outcomes
- develop team cohesion
- participate in and facilitate work team
- liaise with management.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Identify, establish and document team purpose, roles, responsibilities, goals, plans and objectives in consultation with team members|
|2||Support team members in meeting expected outcomes|
|3||Provide opportunities for input of team members into planning, decision making and operational aspects of work team|
|4||Encourage and support team members to take responsibility for own work and to assist each other in undertaking required roles and responsibilities|
|5||Provide feedback to team members to encourage, value and reward individual and team efforts and contributions|
|6||Recognise and address issues, concerns and problems identified by team members or refer to relevant persons as required|
|7||Actively encourage team members to participate in and take responsibility for team activities and communication processes|
|8||Give the team support to identify and resolve problems which impede its performance|
|9||Ensure own contribution to work team serves as a role model for others and enhances the organisation's image|
|10||Maintain open communication with line manager/management at all times|
|11||Communicate information from line manager/management to the team|
|12||Communicate unresolved issues, concerns and problems raised by the team/team members to line manager/management and ensure follow-up action is taken|
|13||Communicate unresolved issues, concerns and problems related to the team raised by management and ensure follow up to action is taken|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Discussion Forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
Textbook information for this unit is currently being updated and will be available soon. Please check back regularly for updates. Alternatively, visit the Unibooks website and enter the unit details to search for available textbooks.
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.