SITXCCS001B - Provide Visitor Information 2013
Get your questions answered
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Vocational Education, Training mean?
Vocational Education, Training
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Prerequisites: What are the prerequisites?
Government loans available:None
Domestic student fee:
International student fee:
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide visitors with general information about a local area.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of endorsement.
- Assessment — Written/oral questions (25%)
- FieldWork — Supervisor/3rd party report (25%)
- Portfolio — Portfolio of activities (25%)
- Project (25%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- access and update visitor information
- provide information
- seek feedback on services.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|1||Identify and access appropriate sources of visitor information|
|2||Incorporate information into day-to-day working activities to support quality of service and standards within the organisation|
|3||Share information with colleagues to support the efficiency and quality of service|
|4||Identify and use opportunities to update and maintain local knowledge|
|5||Provide accurate and unbiased information in a clear, concise, courteous and culturally appropriate manner|
|6||Where appropriate, assist or instruct visitors in the use of equipment and facilities or refer to relevant colleagues|
|7||Consider health and safety requirements when providing information and assistance|
|8||Promote internal products and services using appropriate customer service skills|
|9||Proactively seek feedback on services from visitors|
|10||Observe visitor behaviour to inform future service developments and correctly follow procedures for any formal customer evaluation|
|11||Provide information on visitor feedback to relevant colleagues|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Online assignment submission
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
This unit is a core requirement in the following courses:
This unit may be eligible for credit towards other courses:
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.