Modern Standard Chinese 3A
Not sure where to start?
- Is online study right for me?
- Why OUA?
- What should I study?
- How does it work?
- How do I enrol?
Discover what's involved in studying through OUA.Find out more
Level of study: What does Undergraduate Level 3 mean?
Undergraduate Level 3
EFTSL: What does EFTSL mean?
Delivery Method: What does delivery method mean?
Availability: What is a Study period?For enrolment (2012): For forward planning* (2013): What is Forward Planning?
- Domestic student fee:
- $1,590.00 (AUD)
- HECS student fee:
- $1,412.00 (AUD)
- International student fee:
- $1,815.00 (AUD)
This unit follows on from CHN222 and focuses on presenting language that can be used in the everyday situations you are likely to encounter in both Australian and Chinese contexts. The unit presents a range of learning activities that can be integrated into any busy lifestyle and points out the difficulties you may encounter and provides suggestions on how to resolve or avoid them.
You will need access to a computer, broadband internet connection, a webcam and a headphone for this unit. Native speakers of Mandarin and other Chinese dialects such as Cantonese and Hokkienese are not eligible for this unit.
You are recommended to have completed the following unit(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this unit:
- Assignment 1 — Weekly homework (20%)
- Assignment 2 — Speaking assignment (20%)
- Assignment 3 — Written assignment (25%)
- Non-Invigilated Exam — Oral test (25%)
- Participation — Attendance & participation (10%)
At the completion of this unit students will be able to:
- recognise and write the required Chinese characters for the unit topics
- translate sentences and shorts texts between Chinese and English
- comment on the topics covered in the unit in Mandarin
- comprehend and compose short texts in Chinese on the topics covered in the unit
- engage in extended conversation in Mandarin.
This unit addresses the following topics.
|3||Friends and friendship|
|6||Likes and dislikes|
This unit is delivered using the following methods and materials:
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a unit.
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Supplier:Go to Unibooks
This unit is not currently a requirement for any courses, but may be eligible for credit.
- Many undergraduate courses on offer through OUA include 'open elective' where any OUA unit can be credited to the course. You need to check the Award Requirements on the course page for the number of allowed open electives and any level limitations.
- In other cases, the content of this unit might be relevant to a course on offer through OUA or elsewhere. In order to receive credit for this unit in the course you will need to supply the provider institution with a copy of the Unit Profile in the approved format, which you can download here. Note that the Unit Profile is set at the start of the year, and if textbooks change this may not match the Unibooks textbook list.
Have a question? Give us a call.