The IT industry is a fast growing field, with new specialisations emerging rapidly, such as health informatics and business information systems.
Because of the central role technology is taking in the economy and our lives, demand for skilled IT professionals remains steady. But the nature of these jobs is changing. LinkedIn data shows that eight of the top 20 skills demanded by employers hiring new information and communication technology workers are broader than core technical skills. They include general skills in relationship management, customer service, strategic planning and contract negotiations.
The trend towards consolidating IT teams has driven employers to seek candidates with expertise across more than one area. For example, instead of having a System Engineer and Network Engineer, employers look more favourably on a candidate who can perform the key tasks of both.
There is significant demand in the Australian labour market for technical roles such as Software Engineers and Developers, especially in emerging areas such as cyber security. As the incidence rate of data breaches climbs, demand for cyber security professionals has grown rapidly.
Careers in information and communication technology fields include a variety of roles and tasks associated with planning, researching, installing and monitoring the performance of IT systems. IT professionals should have technical expertise in computer systems, hardware and networks. They need exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities to diagnose and repair defects or malfunctions. Individuals in the IT field should have natural interest and capabilities with programs and information computer systems. They should be able to grasp large amounts of information and be able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and advances in the field. Individuals wanting to get into the field should complete an IT course, like a bachelor degree in IT studies, and gain hands-on experience.
Related IT degrees
Related IT subjects
Evaluate and develop technology systems to help businesses run at optimal standards.
Database and Systems Administrator and ICT Security
Maintain and operate databases, computer systems, IT security systems and networks.
IT Sales Assistant
Sell computers and telecommunications products and services in retail or wholesale institutions.
IT Sales Professional
Facilitate selling hardware, software and other information and communications technology.
IT Support and Test Engineer
Follow procedures and strategies to support, manage and test technical quality systems.
IT Support Technician
Assist in the planning, installation and performance of computer systems and technology.
Set up and assist Librarians with proper organisation and database management of library materials.
Motion Graphics Designer
Use software and techniques to create digital or visual graphic images for web, television and film.
Software and Application Programmer
Develop and test new software as well as tweak and test existing programs.
Plan, implement, modify or coordinate data and information systems, to meet business needs.
Telecommunications Technical Specialist
Problem solve to update and maintain communications devices and networks.
Ensure that communications equipment is installed and maintained properly.
Telecommunications Trades Worker
Assist with the installation and maintenance of telecommunication devices and networks.
Offer support and testing to create and maintain functional systems based on technology.
Professional associations and industry bodies
Skills and personality
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing and emerging technologies and IT systems.
- Effectively use a variety of computer software, tools and equipment to install and monitor operations.
- High attention to detail including accuracy and precision of work.
- Highly analytical to diagnose causes and effects of hardware or network problems and develop solutions.
- Interest in computers and technology, programming systems and understanding how they work.
- Specialised knowledge of IT functions.
- Strong communication skills working with clients using IT services and selling equipment or service to customers.
- Strong critical thinking skills and innovation, testing and developing new software, products and services.
- Strong problem solving skills to test new systems and software and diagnose problems in systems or hardware and figure out causes.
- Technical knowledge of IT programs and systems and the ways they operate.