Leadership for Learning
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On successful completion of this Unit the learner will be able to:
- Critically examine current issues pertaining to leadership for learning within the national and international contexts.
- Demonstrate mastery of contemporary literature to assess how leadership can and should impact on learning in organisations.
- Evaluate how data/information/knowledge can be used constructively to enhance workplace learning.
- Apply new knowledge and understandings in a critically analytical way to practice.
- Role of leadership in ongoing development of staff
- International Context
- Australian Context
- Link between leadership and learning
- Personal learning
- Organisational learning
- Role of data in developing a professional culture
- Ongoing development of staff
- Improving staff capability
- Individual, group and organisational learning
- Building a learning culture
- The learning organisation
- Building a learning organisation
- Learning communities
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
Research suggests that leaders play a critical role in the ongoing development of their staff when it comes to improving complex organisations in times of rapid and disruptive change. Leaders in many organisations now hold identified and specific accountabilities for the ongoing development of their staff. This unit examines some of the links between leadership on the one hand, and personal and organisational learning on the other, and looks at the role data can play in developing professional cultures in complex organisations that enable them to focus on ongoing development and improving staff capability through individual, group and organisational learning.
- Critical literature review (40%)
- Critical analysis of leadership for learning in practice (60%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.