Introduction to Health Informatics
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 22 Feb 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Critically evaluate health informatics theory, principles and practice to enhance the delivery and management of healthcare in Australia.
- Differentiate the foundational elements of data, information, knowledge and wisdom within the healthcare context.
- Distinguish relevant standards and governance in relation to health informatics in Australia.
- Integrate critical and creative skills to written and verbal communication.
- An introduction to health informatics
- The specialist digital health workforce
- The building blocks of health informativs
- Fundamental theories and concepts
- Standards and governance in health
- The now, the future
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- SoftwareDetails - Access to software program form a healthcare workplace
With the explosion of technology and data in health, the field of health informatics is growing. This unit will evaluate the field of health informatics as a discipline within the health system, and appraise key principles and theories. The foundational elements of data, information, knowledge and wisdom are assessed within the healthcare context. Applicable standards and governance are introduced. This unit provides the foundation for ongoing exploration of health informatics.
- Photo reflection (20%)
- Essay (35%)
- Portfolio (45%)
Current study term: 21 Feb 21 to 30 May 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.