Interpreting Patient Deterioration
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 13 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Critically analyse and describe the applied pathophysiology as related to an acutely ill patient with a condition that results in alterations or failure of the cardiac, respiratory or haemodynamic system
- Evaluate and discuss therapeutic medical and nursing management of an acutely ill patient that enables decision making
- Demonstrate the ability to apply analytical skills to the data gained from nursing assessment, monitoring and laboratory findings to evaluate therapeutic interventions
- Cardiovascular physiology
- Respiratory physiology
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject explores physiologic theories underpinning complex patient conditions. Students gain knowledge in the pathophysiology of respiratory, cardiac, haemodynamic, renal and neurological disease including advanced supportive therapies. The subject prepares the student to apply knowledge in some specialty areas of nursing.
- 3 x Multiple choice quizzes (50%)
- Essay (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.