High Acuity Nursing
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 13 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Critically analyse the concepts and theory around recognition, response and management of the acute, complex and/or high acuity deteriorating patient
- Apply concepts and theories around recognition, response and management of the acute, complex and/or high acuity deteriorating patient
- Demonstrate high acuity capabilities required to care for acutely ill adults or children in clinical nursing environments
- Application of acute illness
- Advanced health assessment prioritisation
- Clinical decision-making skills
- Safe, quality person- and family-centred care
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject of study extends students understanding of acute illness and how this is applied in the context of complex health conditions. Students will apply advanced health assessment prioritisation and clinical decision-making skills in high acuity practice environments for safe, quality person and family centred care. This subject focuses on enabling students to develop integrated advanced clinical capabilities for high acuity nursing practice.
- Quiz (20 multiple choice questions) (10%)
- Practice profile (50%)
- Essay (40%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.