Business Principles and Practices in Health and Community Services
Your upfront cost: $0
- 10 Jul 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Describe the factors and behaviours that influence business activities, decisions and outcomes.
- Design and deliver business strategies and projects.
- Communicate approaches and decisions for managing resources and risk.
- Creating Valuable Outcomes
- Business Framework
- Pitching Ideas and Developing Proposals
- Business planning and management
- Resource Planning
- Evaluating and communicating progress and outcomes
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this subject you will be introduced to principles, practices and processes that influence business operations in health and community services, with particular emphasis on balancing consumer focus with commercial business decisions. The foundations of managing financial and human resources, as well as risk, will be explored and you will develop practical skills in planning, budgeting, resourcing, business writing and communication.
- Multiple Choice Quiz and Short Answer Questions (25%)
- Basic Business Proposal – Proposal and Pitch (50%)
- Resource Analysis and Planning (25%)
Current study term: 09 Jul 23 to 15 Oct 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.