Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Note: Students may only enrol in this subject (TAS-ZAA9133) if they are admitted to the Undergraduate Certificate in Agribusiness or the Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business. All other students should enrol in TAS-ZAA133.
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify and explain financial practices and concepts
- Analyse and apply processes and strategies used in business
- Analyse and communicate financial data and information.
- Introduction and business structures
- Financial and accounting concepts
- Financial statement elements
- Financial statement analysis
- Other financial reports – budgets
- Financial reports – external parties
You should not enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No additional requirements
In this subject you will investigate and evaluate the application of financial concepts, practices and tools used in assessing the financial performance of a business. Throughout the subject, case studies, tasks and simulations will develop your skills and knowledge on how to apply practices and processes to structure financial statements and reports for business and how these are used to aid business decision making.
- Worksheet and Reflection (20%)
- Simulation and Financial Statement Analysis (30%)
- Case Study (50%)