Arts Education: Music and Visual Art
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate, experiment with and reflect on the elements of Music and Visual Arts
- Apply and reflect on Arts learning in the curriculum and in Early Childhood or Primary education
- Recall and relate research in Arts education to primary or early childhood education.
- Communicate using Arts language with due attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation and referencing of sources (APA 6th).
- Apply your knowledge and skills in Arts education to teach a short lesson in Musical or Visual Arts education.
- Topics will be provided via the university's LMS
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this subject you will learn about Music and the Visual Arts as key areas of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Australian Curriculum: The Arts. You will become familiar with the research that supports the practice of the Arts in education and apply this to your planning, teaching and reflection. You will experiment with, reflect on and apply the elements of Music and Visual Arts to Early Childhood and Primary contexts and to key Australian curriculum documents. As a culminating performance of your learning you will plan, teach and reflect on a short Music or Visual Arts teaching session.
- Musical Reflection, Visual Response & Discussion Group Activity Module (30%)
- Textbook Chapter Quiz. (10%)
- Micro-Teaching Session, Planning, Video & Reflection Module (40%)
- Completion of Music and Visual Arts Activities and Reflection (20%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.