Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 20 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify and explain financial practices and concepts
- Analyse and apply processes and strategies used in business
- Analyse and communicate financial data and information
- Identify, evaluate and use relevant discipline tools and techniques
- Identify and evaluate relevant behaviours, principles and perspectives in the workplace
- Use reflective and deliberative thinking to generate plans for self-development
- Apply practice and discipline-based skills and knowledge to communicate solutions to real world problems
- Introduction and Business Structures
- Financial Statement Elements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Other Financial Reports: Budgets
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this subject you will investigate and evaluate the application of financial concepts, practices and tools used in assessing the financial performance of a business. Throughout the subject, case studies, tasks and simulations will develop your skills and knowledge on how to apply practices and processes to structure financial statements and reports for business and how these are used to aid business decision making.
- Ongoing Short Answer Quizzes (15%%)
- Group Business Report (25%%)
- Case Study Report (30%%)
- Budget Report (30%%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.