Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify and explain financial practices and concepts
- Analyse and apply processes and strategies used in business
- Analyse and communicate financial data and information
- Identify, evaluate and use relevant discipline tools and techniques
- Identify and evaluate relevant behaviours, principles and perspectives in the workplace
- Use reflective and deliberative thinking to generate plans for self-development
- Apply practice and discipline-based skills and knowledge to communicate solutions to real world problems
- Introduction and Business Structures
- Financial Statement Elements
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Other Financial Reports: Budgets
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this subject you will investigate and evaluate the application of financial concepts, practices and tools used in assessing the financial performance of a business. Throughout the subject, case studies, tasks and simulations will develop your skills and knowledge on how to apply practices and processes to structure financial statements and reports for business and how these are used to aid business decision making.
- Ongoing Short Answer Quizzes (15%%)
- Group Business Report (25%%)
- Case Study Report (30%%)
- Budget Report (30%%)