Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics IV
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify and evaluate problems associated with anti-infective medicines using an evidence-based approach.
- Critically evaluate infectious disease medication therapy using an evidence-based approach and accepted best clinical practice to devise and justify appropriate courses of action for therapeutic management.
- Employ evidence-based and contemporary clinical skills to conduct a clinical audit and demonstrate how this may influence pharmacy practice in infectious disease management.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral presentation skills to explain contemporary issues associated with infectious diseases and anti-infective therapy.
- Addressing infectious disease in research
- Infectious disease in clinical settings
- Clinical concepts in practice
- Clinical scenarios
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No additional requirements
CSA724 is a self-directed, fully on-line subject, that explores a variety of disease states and their management, using a series of patient cases linked to assignment based questions, to enable the student to enhance their knowledge in the area of clinical pharmacy and pharmaceutical care.
- Short Answer Quiz (5%%)
- Literature Review (15%%)
- Detailed Case Response (35%%)
- Short Case Study Test (25%%)
- Collaborative Presentation (20%%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.