Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Please note: This subject coding (TAS-XAB021A) is only available to students studying the Undergraduate Certificate in University Preparation.
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify and apply critical components for academic writing
- Plan and write in academic formats in accordance with university standards and principles
- Exercise critical thinking to evaluate, analyse and integrate sources into academic writing
- Communicating ideas
- The thesis
- Practicing shorter pieces
- Organising and planning for length
- Evidence and support
- Style and clarity revisited
- Portfolio focus
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
In this subject you will develop your ability to communicate in written form in a university environment. You will gain the skills and develop strategies to plan and write academically. In particular, you will analyse assignment tasks, learn how to structure an essay, draw on your critical thinking skills, and synthesise multiple academic sources and reference these in-text.
- Short essay summary (60%)
- Annotated essay (40%)