Drive transport modelling theories and procedures. Navigate the four-steps of urban transportation planning. Consider journeys people take. Assess and test the impact of transport infrastructure. Consider travel demands and steer future performance.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- consolidate theory and knowledge of transport demand forecasting
- critically review transport software at micro and macro levels
- evaluate transport model applications
- create network models in transport modelling software
- interpret transport modelling outcomes and relate this to reality.
- Transport systems planning
- Transport database assembly
- Zoning and network coding
- The four-step process
- Trip generation
- Trip distribution
- Modal choice
- Trip assignment
- Hierarchy of transpotr models
- Synthesis of travel demand matrices
- Evaluation of transport projects
- Impact and goal assessments
- Micro simulation and macro simulation models
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Module Problems (20%)
- Major Assignment (40%)