Transport theory and drive urban traffic engineering methods. Ensure safe and efficient traffic flow for vehicles and people. Signal design and theory for intersections. Navigate traffic impact principles, procedures and survey methods.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply traffic flow theory and evaluate road capacity
- consolidate knowledge on traffic signal theory and design
- adapt principles used in traffic impact analysis for solving practical issues
- combine knowledge and skills for analysing traffic engineering cases studies
- conduct traffic surveys and interpret outcomes.
- Elements of the road traffic system
- Traffic flow theory and road capacity analysis
- Theory and design for signalised intersections
- Principles and procedures in traffic impact analysis
- Geometric design of intersections
- Traffic survey methods
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Major Assignment (45%)
- Minor Assignment (15%)
- Module Problems (15%)