Strategy in Project Organisations
Find out where strategic management concepts can be applied when working on projects.Delve further into project management theory. Learn about competency standards and maturity models. Take global perspectives of project strategy into account.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate a mastery of theoretical knowledge in respect to project management starategy within a variety of organisations
- critically analyse and synthesise complex situations and apply strategic management concepts throughout typical project lifecycles
- justify and interpret theoretical standpoints to both specialised and non-specialised audiences
- apply creativity and initiative to various situations in professional project practice as a means to solve complex organisational problems
- reflect critically on the planning and implementation of strategy in project organisations
- Generic project management review
- Corporate and project strategies
- Profiling project strategy
- Lifecycles and sustainability in major industries
- Project management maturity models
- Project management offices
- Project management competency standards
- Project management systems
- Project evaluations and success
- Assets and facilities management
- Program and portfolio management
- Globalisation issues
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
This subject will provide you with an advanced understanding of theoretical and practical knowledge in respect to strategy as applied to project organisations.
- Individual (1500 words) (35%)
- Essay or case study (30%)
- Online Activities (35%)