Road Safety Engineering
Drive theory and practice of road safety evaluation. Detect hazardous locations, types of accidents and classification systems. Build countermeasures to mitigate risks. Assess the effectiveness of road safety projects. Steer a road safety audit.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- adapt principles for the identification of hazardous locations
- devise countermeasures for specific safety issues
- evaluate the effectiveness of a road safety projects
- assess the outcomes of road safety projects
- conduct preliminary road safety audits
- Types of traffic accidents
- Systems for classifying accidents
- Accident databases
- Problem identification
- Identification of hazardous road locations
- Accident countermeasures, engineering, education, enforcement and encouragement
- Evaluation techniques and impact assessment
- Road safety audit
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Module Problems/Activities (20%)
- Major Assignment (40%)