- Road design fundamentals
- Computer applications for road design
- Design of road and traffic systems
- Intelligent transport systems
- Local traffic management
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Virtual Classroom
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - Audio headset with microphone are required to access weekly consultation and help desk facilities.
- SoftwareDetails - Students will require administrator access to a Windows Operating System so as to install and run specialist software. Students will also require access to two pieces of software : SimProcess and Civil 3D. UniSA will provide more detailed information on this requirement in due course before the unit commences.
This subject aims to provide students with an understanding of the objectives, principles and processes of geometric road design and develop skills required for the design of typical rural roads using relevant highway design software. This subject will also impart knowledge and skills for the students to produce traffic impact studies and demonstrate the importance of traffic management measures that includes emerging traffic control systems. The subject will cover road cross-section elements and drainage structures, the design of horizontal alignment, the design of vertical alignment and calculations of earthworks, road classification system, and traffic impact analysis and traffic management measures.
- Assignment 1 - Tutorial Work (continuous) (15%)
- Assignment 2 - Individual Assign (1500 words) (30%)
- Assignment 3 - Approx. 750 words per student (40%)
- Assignment 4 - (15%)