- Vocabulary related to a range of themes and topics
- Extended knowledge of more advanced grammatical concepts and structures
- Contemporary Italian culture and society through music, film and short stories
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Virtual Classroom
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
ITL21 must be completed before ITL22. Students seeking equivalence on the basis of prior learning should contact the Subject Coordinator prior to enrolling.
- EquipmentDetails - Student will a USB headset with attached microphone in order to participate in the virtual classroom.
- SoftwareDetails - Flash Player 10 or higher.
This subject follows on from ITL21 and is designed to develop and extend your proficiency in spoken and written Italian at a post-introductory level. You will improve your knowledge and use of Italian through content-based learning. In addition to a thorough review of the grammar and cultural understanding integral to the language texts, you will study contemporary Italian culture and society with a focus on Italian immigration; cultural representations drawn from a selection of modern Italian texts viewed in their relevance to intercultural contexts.
- Assignment 1 - Assignments (60%)
- Assignment 2 - Invigilated Exam (40%)