Introductory Research Methods
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise which of a range of basic statistical tests are appropriate in the analysis of data from selected studies
- Compute a range of basic statistical tests using SPSS and show competence in the interpretation of results
- Analyse selected psychological research reports
- Undertake a research exercise leading to a psychological research report
- Introduction to the basics
- Evaluating and conducting research
- Descriptive statistics, z-scores and normality
- Logic of inference and one-sample T-test
- Between-Groups Design & Analysis
- Within-Groups Design & Analysis
- Correlational Research Strategy & Questionnaires
- Complex Between-Groups Designs
- Analysing Categorical Data & Rank Order Tests
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Develop your knowledge of basic research designs and ethical research practices. Build your skills in the critical evaluation and summary of published research. Gain skills in SPSS computation and reporting of basic descriptive and inferential statistics. Apply these skills in the preparation of an APA style research report.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Psychology degree.
- Continuous assessment (10%)
- Report (40%)
- Examination (50%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.