International Project Practices
Find out how global project practices differ from smaller-scale ones.Juggle the ethical concerns raised by multi-national project procurement. Navigate varied geopolitical environments and cultural views. Couch your studies in theory and literature.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced and integrated understanding of issues and concepts in international project management and associated practice
- apply creativity and initiative in respect to project management situations and problems with international context
- apply collaborative skills towards developing international perspectives that include viewpoints on different geopolitical environments that require a range of cultural approaches
- display advanced insight into both ethical and legal aspects that require consideration when planning and implementing international projects
- provide critical reflections on theory, practice or scholarship in the area of international project practice
- Internationalisation of project practices
- Multi-national project procurement
- International project finance
- Ethical issues in international project environments
- Project management in multiple off-shore locations
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
No special requirements
This subject aims to provide you with a comprehensive body of knowledge of international project practices and the complexities of managing projects on a global scale.
- Online activities (35%)
- Group assignment (1500 words pp) (35%)
- Reflective report (1500 words) (30%)