International Business Environment
Look at the big picture and see how businesses operate in the global marketplace.
Shine a light on the world's emerging markets. Study globalisation and internationalisation. Address the global business environment's impact on international business.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
1. Identify and discuss the structure and features of the global marketplace and its global institutions.
2. Explain how the global business environment affects the operations and strategies of international business.
3. Apply international business resources, theories and principles to analyse various means of international engagement and decision making in international business.
4.Evaluate the effectiveness of international business operations and strategies.
5. Communicate an analysis and evaluation of the relationship between the global business environment and international business.
- Introduction to International Business
- Globalisation and Internationalization
- Participants in International Business
- Cultural Issues in International Business
- International Trade and Investment
- Political Environment
- Emerging Markets
- Global Strategic Structure
- International Entry Strategy
- Contemporary Research in International Business
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Audio-Video streaming
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Business operates in a global marketplace. As a result, business professionals need to understand the international business environment and its impact upon their organisation's operations.
The subject examines the structure and features of the global marketplace, how organisations interact with that marketplace, and how they respond to its complexities.
- 3 hours (60%)
- 2500 words (40%)
Bachelor of Accounting
- Level 1 Core Subjects
- Level 1 Core Subjects - Statistics
- Level 1 Core Subjects - Marketing
- Level 2 Core Subjects
- Level 3 Core Subjects