Enterprise Resource Planning
Illustrate how enterprise resource planning helps manage an organisation’s core business processes.
Investigate operations and sales planning. Explain the need for the tools, techniques and methods that make up enterprise resource planning systems.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 01 Mar 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand the importance of integrating enterprise resource planning issues in management
- understand the major concepts and latest developments in enterprise resource planning
- identify and justify the need for various tools, techniques and methodologies enterprise resource planning
- have significant knowledge on relevant sub-systems of a system and have a proactive approach towards ERP implementation.
- The theory of constraints and ERP
- Sales and operations planning
- Buffer resource strategy
- Enterprise resource management
- Integrating the supply chain to reap the rewards
- Strategic sourcing and procurement
- Operations planning (material and capacity)
- Requirements planning
- Product life cycle management
- Manufacturing execution system
- Distribution, implementation - generalised industry application
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject aims to provide you with fundamental concepts and the latest developments in enterprise resource planning (ERP), and a proactive attitude towards change management that is needed for ERP implementation.
Understanding fundamental concepts of the latest developments that are necessary to plan the activities of an enterprise and the extended supply chain is essential in order to effectively manage an organisation. This subject provides systems and technologies that are necessary in managing an enterprise and how change management that is necessary for an ERP implementation can be applied and adapted.
- Continuous Assessment - 1000 words (30%)
- Group Project - 2500 words (30%)
- Individual Assignment - 3000 words (40%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.