Enterprise Resource Planning
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 24 Feb 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- understand the importance of integrating enterprise resource planning issues in management
- understand the major concepts and latest developments in enterprise resource planning
- identify and justify the need for various tools, techniques and methodologies enterprise resource planning
- have significant knowledge on relevant sub-systems of a system and have a proactive approach towards ERP implementation.
- The theory of constraints and ERP
- Sales and operations planning
- Buffer resource strategy
- Enterprise resource management
- Integrating the supply chain to reap the rewards
- Strategic sourcing and procurement
- Operations planning (material and capacity)
- Requirements planning
- Product life cycle management
- Manufacturing execution system
- Distribution, implementation - generalised industry application
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Welcome letter
- Online Assessment
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject aims to provide you with fundamental concepts and latest development in enterprise resource planning (ERP) and to have a proactive attitude towards change management that is needed for ERP implementation.
Understanding fundamental concepts of the latest developments that are necessary to plan the activities of an enterprise and the extended supply chain is essential in order to effectively manage an organisation. This subject provides systems and technologies that are necessary in managing an enterprise and how change management that is necessary for an ERP implementation can be applied and adapted.
- Assignment - 3000 words (40%)
- Continuous Assessment - 1000 words (30%)
- Group Project - 2500 words (30%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: