Construction Environmental Science
Your upfront cost: $0
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Interpret the techniques of utilising climatic parameters for maximum comfort and minimum energy consumption in buildings.
- Relate engineering principles to the design of environmentally suitable and sustainable conditions.
- Analyse thermal environments, predict thermal comfort and assess thermal loads.
- 4Predict the design outcomes of lighting systems and noise control measures.
- Thermal Comfort and Passive Building Design
- Solar Geometry and Sun Path Diagrams
- Solar Radiation
- The Physics of Ventilation
- Ventilation Codes and Standards
- The Physics of Energy Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency Codes and Standards
- The Physics of Lighting
- Lighting Codes and Standards
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Study the physical principles used in the design and management of buildings to create environmentally suitable and sustainable conditions.
Explore how heat, light, and sound can create comfortable environments within buildings. Gain an understanding of solar radiation and thermal comfort, ventilation, energy efficiency, and lighting and acoustics.
Build your knowledge of environmental issues in the design and construction of buildings and explore topics such as energy efficiency and greenhouse gas emissions.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Construction Management and Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours).
- Continuous assessment (40%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.