Communication and Organisational Practices
Start a conversation about what makes organisational communication practices effective.
Discover ways to manage conflict and emotions in an organisational setting. Learn the art of persuasion. Address the challenges of intercultural communication.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Aug 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Discuss strategies for the effective management of organisational communication.
- Explore the implications of diversity in the context of communication theory and practice.
- Analyse and apply negotiation strategies, including conflict resolution.
- Apply communication knowledge to common practical contexts in organisations.
- Identify and manage emotions in organisational communication.
- Self Disclosure
- Individual Differences in Communication
- Intercultural Communication
- Workplace communication in relation to Disability
- Managing Communication around Spiritual Diversity
- Gender and Workplace Communication
- Communication in Conflict Contexts
- Communication for Negotiation
- Intergenerational Communication
- Persuasion and Communication
- Chat Rooms
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Organisational communication theories as they relate to understanding and working with diverse others; interpersonal communication, gender and communication; intercultural communication; intergenerational communication; disability and inclusive workplace practices; online communication and social media; selfdisclosure and the role of trust; negotiation; managing conflict; persuasion and power.
- Journal 2000 words (45%)
- Reflective Report 2500 words (55%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.