Civil Engineering Research Project
Get practical, disciplined and specialise. Design, plan and schedule a civil engineering research project. Specialise in transport, structure, water, environment or Geotech. Describe, summarise and evaluate research. Conclude and document findings.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- plan and conduct an engineering research project, which involves resolving a research/industry problem
- evaluate and critique on existing work/ literature and formulate a solution.
- develop a specific area of expertise and document the outcome or findings with academic rigour.
- Design, planning and scheduling of a project in the area of chosen specialisation
- literature review
- project methodology
- research proposal
- carrying out the selected project
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject provides you with the opportunity to undertake an applied research project and to prepare a minor thesis or project report. At least 400 hours of effort will be required to complete the project and thesis.
- Literature Review -1,500 words (15%)
- Report - 7,500 words (70%)
- Research proposal - 1,500 words (15%)