Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 19 Sep 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify sources of business law.
- Compare and contrast forms of business ownership, identify and analyse legal issues associated with commercial transactions, and describe the legal requirements of the employment relationship.
- Evaluate ethical issues for business, government, and the not for profit sector including issues relating to privacy and the integrity of personal data.
- Identify and analyse the legal responsibilities for causing harm to persons and property and the legal principles that businesses must comply with when dealing with consumers.
- Explain the legal requirements of creating and protecting proprietary rights in business tenancies and assets, including goodwill and intellectual property rights.
- Effectively communicate how legal principles shape the Australian business environment and affect business practice and decision-making.
- The Australian Legal System
- Business Structures: Real Property and Leases
- Business Obligations: Ethics and Privacy
- Causing Harm
- Elements of Contract
- Contract Enforcement
- Employment: Agency
- Australian Consumer Law
- Australian Competition Law: Intellectual Property
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Explore how the law affects and regulates business in Australia. You will gain a basic understanding of the Australian legal system and fundamental legal principles that influence key business areas, such as establishing a business, entering business transactions, and protecting business assets. You’ll also look at the relationship between business and government regulators. The knowledge that you gain in this course will be invaluable in your career, especially in undertaking your business endeavours and professional responsibilities.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Business degrees. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Case Study (50%)
- Examination (50%)
Current study term: 18 Sep 22 to 25 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.