Your upfront cost: $0
Online and other materials
Subjects may require attendance
- 02 Mar 2020
- 26 Oct 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- define concepts, describe the relationship between quantities and solve numerical problems in the areas of linear and rotational mechanics, fluids, electricity and magnetism, waves (sound and light), atomic and nuclear physics;
- interpret and analyse a physical system from a text, image or graphical form; be able to describe the behaviour of fundamental physical systems and the relationships between quantities that they possess; and
- express an understanding of scientific methods.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
No eligibility requirements
- EquipmentDetails - • Headphones or speakers ( required to listen to lecture and other media provided in subjects, a USB style headset has proven to provide superior audio quality to the jack style headset when used for online teaching software) • Headset, including microphone (highly recommended for participation in virtual classrooms) • Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations)
- SoftwareDetails - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete their subjects. UNE's minimum requirements for all students in relation to the hardware and software a student requires to support their learning are found at: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- TravelDetails - Travel may be required to attend the Final Examination for this subject.
This subject is intended for students who did not study high school Physics. Topics covered will include kinematics, dynamics, electricity and magnetism, wave motion, atomic and nuclear physics.
Assignment: 11 online activities - either multiple choice questions or simple numerical calculations. It is mandatory to pass this component in order to pass the subject. Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3 Final Examination. It is mandatory to pass this component in order to pass this subject. Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3 UNE manages supervised exams associated with your UNE subjects. Prior to census date, UNE releases exam timetables. They’ll email important exam information directly to your UNE email address.
- Assignment (40%)
- Final Invigilated Examination (60%)
Conceptual Physics Global Edition with Practicing Physics for Conceptual Physics 12th ed.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.