German Language 1B
Enrolments for this year have closed. Apply for 2022
- 27 Jun 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
- demonstrate extended listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in German language;
- communicate in German with some depth on selected topics of everyday life, such as shopping, ordering in a restaurant, places to visit, and sports and leisure activities;
- apply an extended knowledge of contemporary German cultural and social norms and German society; and
- use cognitive skills to analyse and synthesise information.
- Topics will be available to enrolled students in the subjects Learning Management System site approximately one week prior to the commencement of the teaching period.
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s) in a prior study period; or enrol in the following subject(s) to study prior to this subject:
Please note that your enrolment in this subject is conditional on successful completion of these prerequisite subject(s). If you study the prerequisite subject(s) in the study period immediately prior to studying this subject, your result for the prerequisite subject(s) will not be finalised prior to the close of enrolment. In this situation, should you not complete your prerequisite subject(s) successfully you should not continue with your enrolment in this subject. If you are currently enrolled in the prerequisite subject(s) and believe you may not complete these all successfully, it is your responsibility to reschedule your study of this subject to give you time to re-attempt the prerequisite subject(s)
To enrol in this subject you will need to pass the Prerequisite/s. Please note as UNE results are released after the close of enrolment date, your enrolment into this subject will be withdrawn if you do not pass the prerequisite subject/s.
- Equipment requirements - Headphones or speakers (required to listen to lectures and other media) Headset, including microphone (highly recommended) Webcam (may be required for participation in virtual classrooms and/or media presentations).
- Software requirements - It is essential for students to have reliable internet access in order to participate in and complete your units, regardless of whether they contain an on campus attendance or intensive school component. For additional information please visit UNE Hardware Requirements: https://www.une.edu.au/current-students/support/it-services/hardware
- Other requirements -
Textbook information is not available until approximately 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the Teaching period.
Students are expected to purchase prescribed material.
Textbook requirements may vary from one teaching period to the next.
German is a major world language, with native speakers in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and many other countries. This subject develops your listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, which will allow you to increase your proficiency in everyday basic written and spoken German. Students achieve language proficiency equivalent to Level A1/2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Online Quiz 1: 150 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4 Online Quiz 2: 150 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4 Online Quiz 3: 150 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 3, 4 Language Assessment 1: 750 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Language Assessment 2: 750 words (equivalent). Relates to Learning Outcomes 1, 2, 3, 4 Take Home Exam: 2hrs 30mins. Assessment Notes: It is mandatory to pass this component in order to pass the unit. Relates to Learning Outcomes 1-4
- Language Assessment 1 (20%)
- Language Assessment 2 (20%)
- Quiz 1 (5%)
- Quiz 2 (5%)
- Quiz 3 (5%)
- Take Home Exam (45%)
Current study term: 26 Jun 22 to 23 Sep 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.
Diploma in Modern Languages
- Chinese Language Major
- French Language Major
- German Language Major
- Indonesian Language Major
- Italian Language Major
- Japanese Language Major