Developing Your Professional Practice
Pursue your interests and go deep into your niche, as you set out on a program of in-depth independent study. Collaborate with your nominated supervisor to choose a topic or project and create a proposal. Develop skills around research and judgement.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
- 02 Mar 2020
- 01 Jun 2020
- 31 Aug 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- curate a compelling professional identity and philosophy, and demonstrate the ability to critically communicate this to both specialist and non-specialist audiences;
- develop and advocate for change in a professional context;
- engage with and demonstrate leadership in professional practice; and
- critically reflect on professional knowledge and practice.
- Topics are only available to enrolled students in the unit Moodle site.
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Skype
- OtherDetails -
Admission to Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice
Developing Your Professional Practice provides a self-paced unit experience in tandem with guided discussion with an assigned Academic Success Advisor who will help you to:
- construct a personalised assessment structure for the unit
- articulate your career goals
- determine which skills you need to meet those goals and identify which additional units best equip you with those skills
- select co-curricular activities that can also help you gain those skills
- prepare your case for the recognition of prior learning gained in the workplace
- curate a portfolio of your professional capability based on your studies and your prior experience that will follow you as a durable artefact into your future beyond UNE studies.
Weighting and word count to be negotiated with Academic Success Advisor and Unit Coordinator. Relates to Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Curated Professional Identity (10-100%)
- Reflective Work (0-90%)
- The Pitch (0-90%)
Textbooks are not required.
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.