- A week-by-week guide to the topics you will explore in this unit will be provided in your study materials.
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Assignment 1 - 1500 words (35%)
- Assignment 2 - 750 words (10%)
- Assignment 3 - 2250 words (55%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Students will develop broad understanding of the events, theories and practices that influenced European settlement of Australia. Students will also develop research skills through the exploration of the theories and practice of colonialism, European settlement in Australia, effects on the environment, implications for Indigenous Australians, pastoralism, industrialisation, technological developments, cultural politics, states and territories, historical events to the turn of the 20th century, federation and the constitution, World War I, and the changing nature of national identity.