Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Critically analyse the role of information systems in organisations and their impact on organizational structure and culture
- Apply critical systems development skills and techniques to solving contextual business problems
- Compare and contrast various systems development methodologies in terms of their suitability for, and alignment with, a given organisational scenario
- Critically evaluate current issues in system development methodologies from both the human and technical perspectives
- Evaluate the impact of information systems from multiple perspectives.
- Organisational structure, business strategies and business models
- The scope of systems development and analysis
- Requirements analysis and management across stakeholders (social capital)
- Human capital
- Systems documentation
- Systems life-cycle and software life-cycle models including Agile techniques
- Scenario-based analysis techniques
- Open source software development
- The Unified Modelling Process (UML)
- Object-oriented design
- System and software design patterns, metrics
- System and software engineering ethics
- Why systems fail. Criteria of systems' success and fail
Do not enrol into this subject if you have completed MTB140.
No special requirements
- Systems Analy - Grp (25-35%) (0%)
- System develop - Grp (30-40%) (0%)
- Online Activites - Grp(10-20%) (0%)
- Business Analy (15-20%) (0%)