Strategic HRM in the Business Context
Dig into the theory that informs strategic human resource management. Analyse human resource structures, policy and organisational culture.Trace the link between effective human resource management and an organisation’s strategic plans.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Apply advanced and coherent knowledge of the key concepts and theoretical foundations of strategic human resource management at an individual and group level
- Critically analyse and address complex strategic HRM issues to support a change process
- Critically evaluate and contrast theories of Strategic HRM and their application in organisations
- Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, and function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team.
- Theoretical foundations of Strategic HRM
- HR strategy, structure, policy and organisational culture
- Contingency, configurational and best practice approaches
- Facilitating resource deployment through HR architectures
- The global, virtual, and technological context of HR
- HR as a conscience keeper, employee champion, and change agent
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject of study will emphasise the practicalities and thinking required of HR Managers to ensure that the actions undertaken by the HR function both prepare and align the organisation’s strategic plans to meet future challenges. The subject will adopt a systemic view to examine how different HR practices align to make a strategic contribution to the organisation. The subject will also adopt a holistic approach to investigate linkages between firm performance, organisational strategy, and HR strategy.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
This subject is no longer accepting new enrolments for SP3 2018.
- Assignment 1 - Group (20-30%)
- Assignment 2 - Individual (30-40%)
- Assignment 3 - Individual (30-50%)