- Theoretical foundations of Strategic HRM
- HR strategy, structure, policy and organisational culture
- Contingency, configurational and best practice approaches
- Facilitating resource deployment through HR architectures
- The global, virtual, and technological context of HR
- HR as a conscience keeper, employee champion, and change agent
- Assignment 1 - Assignment 1 - Group (20-30%) (0%)
- Assignment 2 - Assignment 2 - Individual (30-40%) (0%)
- Assignment 3 - Assignment 3 - Individual (30-50%) (0%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject of study will emphasise the practicalities and thinking required of HR Managers to ensure that the actions undertaken by the HR function both prepare and align the organisation’s strategic plans to meet future challenges. The subject will adopt a systemic view to examine how different HR practices align to make a strategic contribution to the organisation. The subject will also adopt a holistic approach to investigate linkages between firm performance, organisational strategy, and HR strategy.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.