- Statistical Power
- Identifying and reducing bias
- Non parametric tests: Wilcoxon Signed Rank test, Friedman test, Wilcoxon Rank Sum test, Kruskal-Wallis Test
- Bivariate and Multiple Regression including: inferential, assumption testing and transformations to achieve linearity
- Spearman's and Kendal's Tau-b correlation
- Single factor independent groups design analysis of variance
- Completely randomised, factorial analysis of variance
- Single factor repeated measures analysis of variance
- Mixed design analysis of variance
- Chi-Square, Fisher's Exact test, Cramer's V, Odds Ratio, Lambda
- Chi Square goodness of fit test
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
- SWI-STA60001-Statistical Practice 1
If you have some statistical background it is possible to complete STA60001 concurrently with STA60005.
- OtherDetails -
You will require access to a recent version of SPSS - at least the SPSS Grad Pak.
This subject extends the ideas developed in Statistical Practice 1 to include more advanced analyses, broaden the range of applications students are familiar with so that they will be able to carry out independent statistical investigations, and develop an awareness of the assumptions and limitations involved in the generalisation of results of such investigations.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Quizzes — Online (10%)
- Assignments — 2 (40%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.