- Theories of measurement
- Issues associated with measurement and scaling
- Principles of scale development and psychometric evaluation
- Item Response Theory and Rasch Modelling
- Practical applications of measurement and scale development
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Welcome letter
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-STA70002-Multivariate Statistics , or SWI-HMS780
No special requirements
The subject gives students an understanding of the issues associated with measurement in the health and social sciences. Students will be introduced to the principles and practice of developing and evaluating scales and measures.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Quizzes — Online (10%)
- Assignments — 2 (40%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Textbook information is pending.