Risk Management and Compliance
Navigate the corporate rules and frameworks that govern risk management practices in an organisation. Spotlight auditing and reporting tools. Read up on codes of practice and standards of compliance. Appraise risk management frameworks and policies.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Swinburne University of Technology leads the way with innovative and new ways of teaching, learning and thinking. It offers a wide range of study options, from pre-apprenticeships, undergraduate, postgraduate and PhDs, including online degrees with Open Universities Australia. Swinburne is known for career-oriented education and encouraging lifelong learning.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Critically analyse corporate governance, accountability and compliance in relation to risk
- Critically analyse the operation of the Australian legislative and regulatory frameworks as they relate to compliance and risk in context
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of risk and compliance frameworks and policies to an international context
- Demonstrate developed knowledgeof codes of practice, principles and standards of compliance and risk management as appropriate to context.
- Definitions and concepts of corporate governance, responsibility, accountability, compliance and control in relation to risk
- The nature of risk management and compliance and the impact across the organisation
- Risk and compliance models
- Compliance, legislative and regulatory framework
- Social responsibility and responsiveness - the law and ethics
- Implications of international risk and compliance frameworks and principles for multinational organisations
- Codes of practice, principles, standards and recommendations to manage risk
- Risk auditing and reporting frameworks, requirements and practices
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
- Individual/Group (30-40%) (0%)
- (40-50%) (0%)
- Individual/Group (20-30%) (0%)