You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- The Research Project - Focussing research and the assignment
- The elements, stages and features of the research process
- The research question - from formulation to implementation
- Research for Journalism and Media
- Researching fiction
- Researching non-fiction
- Research case studies - eg. literature for young people; crime writing
- Other formats for research publication (eg drama and performance)
- Ethics of research
- Conventions of publishing - drafting, editing, formatting, ethics, submission and the pitch
- Publication opportunities
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
In this subject, students will learn about the relationship between the concept of research as it is used in writing, the methodical collection of appropriate investigative materials and the publication of a researched piece of writing.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignments (60-70%)
- Online Discussion (30-40%)
Textbook information is pending.