- The role of the analyst and the SDLC
- Investigating system requirements
- Project management and planning in the context of requirements analysis modelling
- Data gathering techniques
- Modelling system requirements: traditional approach - specifically DFDs; OO approach - focusing on use cases and activity diagrams; and agile systems
- Evaluation of alternatives for requirements, environments and implementation
- Current trends in systems development methodologies
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
Scheepers, H (ed.) 2015, INF60010 Requirement Analysis Modelling. Cengage Learning Technology, first edn. This is an electronic book based on Satzinger, J, Jackson RB and Burd, SD 2015, Systems Analysis and Design in a Changing World, 7th edn., Cengage Learning Course Technology.
After completing this subject, students will be able to identify, critically analyse and instigate the process of exploring problem areas in a given context. They will apply analysis and modelling techniques in the context of practical problems, discuss alternative models and solutions, and argue effectively why some models or solutions are better than others given different evaluation criteria.
- Assignment 1 - (Individual) (40-50%)
- Assignment 2 - (Group) (15-25%)
- Assignment 3 - Questions (Individual) ( 5-15%)
- Assignment 4 - (Group) (30-40%)