- The role of the analyst and the SDLC
- Investigating system requirements
- Project management and planning in the context of requirements analysis modelling
- Data gathering techniques
- Modelling system requirements: traditional approach - specifically DFDs; OO approach - focusing on use cases and activity diagrams; and agile systems
- Evaluation of alternatives for requirements, environments and implementation
- Waterfall and Agile Systems development methodologies
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
SWI-INF10003-Introduction to Business Information Systems , or SWI-INF10006, or SWI-INF10014
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this unit, or currently be enrolled in the following subject(s); or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
- SWI-INF10002-Database Analysis and Design
- OtherDetails -
Scheepers, H (ed.) 2015, INF20003 Requirement Analysis Modelling. Cengage Learning Technology, first edn. This is an electronic book based on Satzinger, J, Jackson RB and Burd, SD 2015, Systems Analysis and Design in a Changing World, 7th edn., Cengage Learning Course Technology.
This subject was previously known as INF10006 Information Systems Fundamentals.
This subject endeavours to provide knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues in systems development. It covers various systems development lifecycles, methodologies, techniques and tools, exploring the contexts in which they succeed and fail. Factors affecting the success of these methods are examined, along with comparisons of the values and principles that underlie these methods. After completing this subject, students will be able to understand and analyse real world Information Technology (IT) problems using modelling techniques to identify system requirements.
- Assignment 1 - Individual (10-20%)
- Assignment 2 - Individual (10-20%)
- Assignment 3 - Group (25-35%)
- Assignment 4 - Invigilated Exam (35-55%)