- Reading as a Writer
- Journaling as a writer and reader
- Theories of Creativity
- Literary theory (eg formalism, new criticism)
- Critical and Cultural theory
- Case studies on using theory to enrich writing
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
- Assignment 1 - 30%-40% (0%)
- Assignment 2 - 60%-70% (0%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
This subject focuses on the relationship between literary theories and how we write. It guides students through the production of a piece of writing that employs a theoretical lens of the student’s choice.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.