- Reading as a Writer
- Journaling as a writer and reader
- Theories of Creativity
- Literary theory (eg formalism, new criticism)
- Critical and Cultural theory
- Case studies on using theory to enrich writing
- Welcome letter
- Printable format materials
You cannot enrol in this unit if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
Students must first complete the 4 subjects comprising the Graduate Certificate of Arts (Writing), or equivalent thereof, before enrolling in this subject.
No special requirements
This subject focuses on the relationship between literary theories and how we write. It guides students through the production of a piece of writing that employs a theoretical lens of the student’s choice.
Please note: assessment values are indicative only, details will be advised at the start of the subject.
- Assignment 1 - 30%-40% (0%)
- Assignment 2 - 60%-70% (0%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject